Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ship It!

Kris Rusch once again jumps to the core of an issue indi writers face: When to ship.  It's a classic problem in every industry... the cliche is "rip it out of the engineers hands and ship it!"

No product, no story, no program, nothing made by humans is ever perfect.

Recently, I had a conversation with a mid-list writer friend who told me that he had a three novel fantasy series whos publisher had folded before the books ever came out, and he was thinking about going back and revising it before putting it up on Amazon because he was a much better writer now. I controlled myself mightily and did not hit him.  I explained clearly that he should ship it, and make more money by writing something else.

Read Kris's version here:  http://kriswrites.com/2012/06/27/the-business-rusch-perfection/

1 comment:

Kim DeMotte said...

Seems like in everything but software, Perfect is the enemy of really good!

Kim